Paisley

Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend Recap - New House, Red Chair Project



Our home is complete! We closed on our house on June 11th and officially moved in June 14th! Being first time home-buyers is very exciting and we are definitely learning a lot.




Now that we are somewhat moved in, the Weekend Projects have started and Chad is probably already wanting to kill me.  He is either going to regret telling me that he likes to build things or put me on restrictions from watching HGTV.


Project #1

I’m not sure this really counts as a project. All I did was paint the monogram I ordered, add some burlap ribbon and hang the monogram from our front door. Either way (project or not), I think it adds some character to our home.




Project #2

When we went to pick up the barn door we purchased back in April from Perfectly Imperfect, I noticed two old kitchen bar stools in the back storage room. The stools were black and missing some dowels. I had one of the workers call the owner to see if she was interested in selling them “as is”. We purchased the stools for $30 each and a can of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Emperor’s Silk (red).

We finished our new (to us) red kitchen stools for right at $100 and they look just as good as the Pottery Barn red stools that are over $200 a piece! Saving on some pieces make us feel so much better about splurging on others.

Before
 


After Picture

Project #3

I fell in LOVE with the West Elm large wood mirrors. Chad started on our West Elm inspired mirror this weekend and I’ll post pictures as soon as it is complete.

1 comment:

  1. yay congrats on your first home! hope the move went well! i love the projects you worked on

    ReplyDelete