Paisley

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Widget / Gadget

This time last week, I didn't know what a WIDGET was. Clearly, I am still very new to the blogging world. It took me 2 hours of research to figure out how to change my background and another 2 hours to get a "widget". 

I am confident that Google has become one of my best friends. After my Google Search, I learned that a widget is a small application that can be installed and executed within a web page by an end user (thanks to Wikipedia). A widget can also be referred to as a portlet, web part, gadget, badge module, webjit, capsule, and/or snippet. Widgets often take the form of on-screen device, such as a clock or countdown. 

Time to add some widgets!! Instagram is my favorite app for my iPhone right now with Pinterest being a very close second. I decided to add a widget for my Instagram account to my blog. After more googling, I discovered http://snapwidget.com/ and I have a new widget!!  


Now here is to hoping my next widget takes less time to figure out. :)










1 comment:

  1. That instagram widget is too cute! I haven't seen that one yet!

    ReplyDelete