Paisley

Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend Recap-2


I stayed in Birmingham this weekend. It was so overcast all weekend which made it such a great lazy weekend. Here are a few of my favorite things from this week/weekend:

1.   Chad had his last few days off of work. His new J-O-B starts today and I have to admit, I was a little jealous of his time off. It’s really hard to be productive at work when someone is sending you pictures like this:



2.   I bought ingredients to try a new dessert, but when my sweet tooth cravings come I need something right then. I didn’t have patience to mix ingredients together and I’ve made the pretzel Hershey Kisses with M&Ms from a recipe on Pinterest before.



Friday night, I had a few Rolos and pretzels but no M&Ms. I melted the Rolos on the pretzels on 350 for 3 minutes, took them out and added another pretzel to the top. They were good, but they were even better when I made Round 2 by cutting miniature Reese’s in half on Sunday (next time I’m buying the mini Reese’s to make things even easier). These might not be beautiful, but they are ridiculously easy and the perfect salty/sweet combination. These are great when it's just you and the last thing you need is an entire 9x13 pan of dessert.


3.   Saturday night we tried a new Mexican restaurant at The Summit. Lime Fresh Mexican Grill started in South Beach and opened its Birmingham location in late April. The ingredients were fresh and there were 6 different salsas to chose from – pico de gallo, black bean corn salsa, salsa verde, salsa asada, salsa suave, and habanero salsa. The chicken was delicious, but next time I am trying the fish tacos. 


4.   Chad’s mom has been the Director of Children’s Ministry at a large local church in Birmingham for 17 years. She is retiring and last night was her last Sunday at the church. I was very impressed and inspired when she shared her motivational life story with the church last night. There was not an empty seat and she received a standing ovation.

5.   Better than any restaurant, GUESS WHAT ELSE IS COMING TO THE SUMMIT!! A MICHAEL KORS STORE IS OPENING IN AUGUST!



And of course we rented a movie...



Redbox Rental suggestion: GONE – Amanda Seyfried stars in Gone. Her character is convinced her sister has been kidnapped by the same man that kidnapped her the year before. This movie will definitely keep your attention. 

I can't wait for next weekend. I'll be going to Troy to see my mom and dad for Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a fun weekend! Those pretzels/rolos look amazing! And Lime sounds really good! Hope Chad enjoys his new job! Looking forward to seeing you in Troy this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete