Paisley

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas in New York



One thing is for sure,
New York knows how to decorate for Christmas!


 I was lucky enough to get to go visit again in December. When I visited in November, I was able to see the Rockettes in the Christmas Spectacular which was amazing (click here for blog post)! The Christmas Tree was brought to Rockefeller Plaza during my November visit, but this trip the tree was lit!! You can't tell from the pictures, but the tree lights twinkle and you have to see it in person!! Below is a picture of the tree with the scaffolding from when I visited in November and then the tree with lights in December!
 
I was like a little kid and I could not stop smiling at all the lights and decorations displayed. Below are a few of my favorite pictures from my trip! The top two pictures of over-sized lights and ornaments are from 6th Avenue (Avenue of the Americas). The first two images on the second row are from Rockefeller Plaza. The last picture is of the Bloomingdale's on 5th Avenue. Almost all the shops on 5th Avenue are decorated and the window displays are very elaborate.
Serendipity was on my list of places to see. My first stop after checking in was to Serendipity! If you go during the holidays expect a really long wait! The desserts are the size of your head and worth the wait.  The menu is huge and there are lots to choose from but the sundaes have to be the most popular item.
Christmas window display at Serendipity


After years of watching the Macy's Parade on tv on Thanksgiving morning, I finally got to see the Macy's in person. The Macy's (below) in Herald Square was built in 1902. This Macy's is America's largest department store and I managed to shop on all 10 1/2 floors! I even found my wedding shoes in Macy's!! 
 We ate dinner at the Cellar in the basement of Macy's.
A couple of the window displays at Macy's
 


   What is a trip to New York without stopping in Times Square? The Hershey's store and the M&M store had ornaments out! 


 Lastly, here I am in front of the tree! New York is amazing year round, but if you get to pick anytime to visit then you have to choose December.

I can't say this enough, 


I LOVE NEW YORK (especially at Christmas)!!

4 comments:

  1. Well I officially want to see Nyc in Wintertime! Or at all aha. Sounds like an amazing Christmas!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always dreamed of visiting NYC during Christmas time! It's on my bucket list for sure. Beautiful photos!

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures!! I'm dying to go now hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous! :) NYC during the holidays sounds amazing! So glad you could experience it!! I loved seeing all of your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete