Paisley

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

March Wedding Showers




March has been full of Wedding Showers!
Chad and I are so blessed to have such wonderful friends, church families, and family friends.  

March 3rdTroy Shower 
 Our first wedding shower was in Troy on March 3rd. It was given by some of the ladies from Park Memorial (the church I grew up in and our wedding ceremony site) as well as some of my mom's friends. They had a cheesecake bar setup which allowed everyone to get cheesecake and pick their own toppings. I had never seen that at a shower before and I thought it was such a neat idea! 

Here is a picture of me and my mom with almost all of the hostesses from the Troy Shower.


March 10th Birmingham Tea 
Our second shower was a tea in Birmingham and it was given by some of Chad’s family’s friends and his church family. My mom came up the day before and we finally found her dress for the wedding! We had lots of fun trying on several dresses in an oversized dressing room at Saks. As soon as she put on her dress, we knew it was the one. It is perfect and she looks amazing in it! 

decor from the Birmingham Tea

with Christina and Amanda
Leah (my future sister-in-law), me, and Michelle

mom and me
 opening the gifts from the hostesses before the tea


March 16th Birmingham Shower 
Four of my bridesmaids gave me a shower in Birmingham. The shower was at a tavern downtown in the loft district and the menu was very me. We had lettuce wraps with chicken and peppers, French fries, veggies, hummus, and rock candy. The décor was the best shower décor ever!! Thanks so much to Lacey for the décor part! She is insanely good at decorations.
 LOVED THE TIFFANY BLUE DECOR!


 with Lacey
Didi, Alecia, me, Lacey, and Amy

All the girls at the shower



March 20th – Atherotech Shower 
Chad’s work had a shower for us. It was the first time I was able to meet some of his co-workers. Everyone was extremely nice! The fingers foods were great, they had a mini wedding cake for us from Olexa’s, and they gave us our pots and pans as well as an Anthropologie gift card to help with our bedding!


March 27th – BBVA Shower 
A few of the people in my department at work took us to lunch at my favorite lunch spot – 26. They gave us the vacuum and a few other items we picked out from Bed, Bath and Beyond as well as a Lowe’s gift card.




We have received so much love during our engagement. We can’t get over all the gifts and support everyone has given us. People are extremely generous and we are blessed!


10


days until the wedding!

After today we will be in the single digits!
 

1 comment:

  1. After checking out a number of the articles on your website, I truly appreciate your way of writing a blog.
    I added it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near future.
    Please check out my web site as well and tell me how you feel.



    My blog post :: アバクロンビー

    ReplyDelete