After one week of being engaged, here are five things I've learned so far:
1. I need serious work on my nails.
2. It takes longer to get used to this ring than I thought it would.
3. People expect you to have your wedding planned out the second you get engaged. Within the first week, I've already been asked: Where will you get married? Have you set a date? What colors are you going to use? How are you going to do your hair? Where are you going for your honeymoon? How many bridesmaids are you going to have?
4. We know more people than I thought.
5. It feels so weird to refer to Chad as my fiance.
Last weekend when we went to Troy to celebrate with my family, my parents (probably all my mom) had written Chad and I the sweetest note. I want to share it:
"As you start this new chapter in your lives we wish you all the joy and blessings imaginable! We are so very happy for you and can't wait to share in your special moments. Always know that we are here for you through the good times and the bad. May God bless your marriage and give you happiness, good health, and wisdom as you embark on this exciting journey through the rest of your lives."
Mom and Dad
Their note also included the following bible verses:
"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down his friend can help him up" - Ecclesiastes 4: 9-10
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4: 6-7
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always preserves. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans toprosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11
I am blessed to have such amazing parents!! Each day I wake up even more excited! I must be having an 'Engagement High' or something.
Now we are leaving for Alex City to meet some friends and head to Elizabeth and Trent's Wedding at Lake Martin. We are staying with Sushannah tonight and a group of us will be renting a boat tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing lifelong friends, a wedding, and spending tomorrow on the lake!