Paisley

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Eat Dessert First.

"Life is short. Eat dessert first."

I have to start my Weekend Recap off with DESSERT! What better way to start of the weekend than with dessert? I headed home from work to try a recipe I'd seen on Pinterest that looked insanely easy and it turned out SO GOOD!! I don't recommend many things, but this you HAVE TO TRY!! You only need 3 things: crescent rolls, peanut butter, and chocolate chips.

Just roll out the crescent rolls, spread peanut butter on top, and then add chocolate chips! I had milk chocolate and white chocolate chips so I added a little of both and put them in the oven for 11 minutes at 375. I thought they turned out perfect. Now I just need to come up with a really good name for them.


 Chad and I spent Saturday afternoon at the pool and I'm getting close to finishing Fifty Shades of Grey (I've yet to figure out the obsession).


"You had me at CINNAMON ROLL."
Saturday night was DATE NIGHT!! We had dinner at Micheal's Steak and Seafood Restaurant inside Aloft Hotel in downtown Homewood (also referred to as SOHO). It's one of my favorite areas here.

As soon as we ordered dinner, we were served bread. Not just any bread, but CINNAMON ROLLS (dessert first, please and thank you). I decided this place had my approval before we had even seen our entrees. I am a semi-seafood snob. I love good fish and Micheal's definitely has my approval!! I had grilled salmon and Chad had blackened grouper. I've added Michael's to my TOP 3 restaurants in Birmingham. 

While we  were at dinner, we ran into another couple from Troy that is now living in Birmingham and stayed for drinks with them to catch up on some Troy gossip.



GUITAR HERO
Confession... At 26 and 27 we definitely spent part of our weekend playing Guitar Hero. I've never played before and let me just say - I AM BEYOND TERRIBLE!! It's frustrating to be so bad at something (especially when you have the level set on EASY), but at the same time it was hilarious and I'll definitely play again!!



I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a fun weekend! That dessert recipe looks amazing! And it sounds like you had such a great date night! also, I don't understand the fifty shades of grey obsession either?

    ReplyDelete