Sunday, July 19, 2015

25 Weeks, 4 Days

At 25 weeks and 4 days we met with our high risk doctor hoping to get comfort in Baby B just being a small baby and nothing medically being wrong. Unfortunately, that was not the news we received. We learned Baby B's placenta was failing and he was fighting really hard to receive his blood flow and nutrients.
We were told there was nothing we could do to help. This is something that could happen in any pregnancy and isn't due to anything we did during our pregnancy. The decision on what to do next is harder because we have twins. Taking the boys out now threatens the life for both of our boys. Leaving them in, means Baby B could get tired at any point and stop fighting for nutrients. 
Physically my body wants to keep going. I love feeling their baby kicks and I want to get a miserably large belly. Emotionally I am a nervous wreck. I was given a steroid shot in one hip that day and returned the following day for another steroid shot. The shots will help the boys' lungs develop faster. Since they will be delivered early their lungs will not be fully developed and the steroid shots should give them a better chance to breathe on their own sooner.
We return tomorrow for another Doppler Scan to check Baby B's blood flow and if it has gotten too low, we will deliver tomorrow at only 26 weeks and 2 days. We are praying he can stay strong and if so our next appointment to check for blood flow will be on Friday when the boys will be 26 weeks and 6 days. Each extra day the boys can stay in my body is huge! I never dreamed we would have to deliver this early. I have to turn it over to God and the doctors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment