Paisley

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

26 Weeks, 4 Days



26 WEEKS AND 4 DAYS!

 

Once we found out we were expecting twins, we knew our chances of preterm labor were increased. If you asked me then, I would have told you our goal was to make it to September. If you ask me now, I will tell you each hour is a blessing! I seriously moved Friday’s appointment from 8 AM to 11:30 AM just in case we had to deliver. I mean, that’s 3 ½ more hours the boys could be growing in my body. As much as I worried about things early in our pregnancy, I never imagined we would have to deliver in July.


Since last Wednesday, when we found out how low Baby B’s blood flow was, I started preparing myself to deliver at 26 weeks and 2 days. I was devastated with the doctor’s news. I didn’t care about being cut open, but I did not want my boys entering the world fighting for their lives. We had been preparing the boys’ nursery, but I didn’t even have hospital clothes to pack in a bag to be ready for our appointment. Who thinks they will have to deliver this early? Physically I am able to still go to work and run errands. We got hospital clothes this weekend. My bags are now packed and I’ll be more than happy to live out of my bags for 2-3 months, if Baby B’s placenta can keep going! 


This weekend we cancelled our baby shower and closed the door to the twins’ room. We remained hopeful, but at the same time knew our outcome at 26 weeks and 2 days could be very bad. Mom came up on Monday for our appointment and was ready in case we had to deliver. I was so excited to see my mom! Showing her the twins’ room was hard, but there is just something comforting about having your mom with you with times are hard. Mom was able to see the boys on the ultrasound. They were both active and it was amazing to get to see her face when she saw them moving around for the first time. Luckily, we made it through our 26 weeks and 2 days appointment! I am so excited that today I am 26 weeks and 4 days and both my little guys are still kicking in my belly!! The doctor said Baby B’s blood flow had improved since our last appointment! He said it could have been the steroid shots that we received last week and we could see it decline again. Maybe it was 5% steroid shots that did it, but it had to have been 95% prayers. People we don’t even know have started praying for us and we are so thankful for each and every prayer!! I am hopeful the blood flow will stay like it is and we can keep these baby boys growing. I was so excited with the doctor’s news that I literally almost jumped on him! 


I took a picture before leaving for the doctor on Monday. Luckily, this will not be my last bump picture! 






Our next appointment is on Friday. I will be 26 weeks and 6 days pregnant at the time. We will go back with our bags packed, lots of prayers, and hope to get sent home!

No comments:

Post a Comment